1/18/07

Sorry it's Been Soo Long

Last post was the 2nd, it's now the 18th. The irony of why I haven't been posting is that I've been too busy with work and I've had too much on my mind lately.

Also turns out that I got blocked from the website through work for the last week or so and we don't have a home computer. I found a loop hole and hopefully they won't find it.

During my hiatus I had some good post ideas but most have fallen through the cracks. At least one stuck so we all have something to read :o)

This morning's sunrise was incredible, it made me stop and really soak it all in. Intense oranges and pinks filled the horizon. I have been going to work way too freaking early in the morning, I'm usually there by 7 or 7:30. The reason I do this is not at all because I'm an early bird. By going in early, I get to leave early. This is my main motivation, having a flexible schedule has made me an early bird. A fact I still don't understand myself. Going in early also has other benefits though, I always get a great parking spot and I get to see the sunrise every morning which I end up appreciating more then I thought I ever would.

When Jamie and I lived in South Carolina, he kept pestering me to wake up early and go down to the beach and watch the sunrise together. Nothing could have sounded worse to me at the time. I tried to talk him into seeing the sunset instead, mainly because I'm already awake around this time of day. He wouldn't budge on it though and I promised that some day we'll see the sunrise together.

One morning we had woke up early and Jamie's ready to go to Hilton Head and see the sunrise! I went because he said he would buy me a breakfast sandwich. We hop in the car and pull out to make the short drive over the bridge to Hilton Head. Turns out, umm, it was rush hour traffic time with everyone in the state trying to go onto the island as well. We sat in traffic, lots of traffic. Our 15 min. drive turned into over an hour as I remember. We still went to the beach. By the time we got down to the beach to sit together, the sun was half way to high noon!

We still enjoyed it though, we walked the beach and laughed about it. I tried to have this count as "seeing the sunrise" but Jamie would have no part in that. I tried though.

A few days ago I woke up for work and was amazed by the sunrise out our back window. I find it interesting how it really isn't the same every day, each one is special. I went to work and then when I was leaving for the day I saw the sun setting over the water on the West side of the island. My work is on the water as well and has some terrific sunsets. As I walked out to my car, I really enjoyed the colors and glow, again trying to soak it all in.

On my drive home I was thinking, how many people get to see and really enjoy the sun rise and set on the same day over water. Jamie's right, this is paradise!

I appreciated the day and it's beauty instead of just rushing off to work and home again. It made me feel like a tiny piece in a much larger plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's paradise as long as I am with you babe!

And you still owe me that sunrise!