2/13/07

Chocolate & Snow

Everyone’s talking about the big snow storm tomorrow. It’ll be a Valentine’s Day Nor’easter! It seems like though with all the talk about it that we aren’t going to end up getting hit too bad. At first they were saying some pretty high amounts but last I heard for our area we are getting 1-3 inches. Not to bad at all. It seems strange to be this far through winter without having a good snow storm. Usually by this time of year you dread the news on another potential snow storm that is going to hit us with feet of snow. I love watching the snow fall though. I always find myself squinting up to the sky trying to see where they are all coming from.

Snow storms are great if you are home and have no where to go. I always go outside and shovel and play in the snow. I am one of the few people who honestly loves to shovel! At college I used to help out the maintenance staff by shoveling out my dormitory after a snow storm on the weekends. I did it when they weren’t around but I think that they caught on because they started leaving the shovel out right by the front door.

I also love how quiet it is after a snow fall, this is a great time to go for a walk. Everything is covered in snow and there aren’t any footsteps or people anywhere. It has a sense of calm and purity.

So we’ll see how much snow we end up getting in the morning. It should start sometime tonight and go through the morning. Have a great Valentine’s Day!

No comments: