5/12/08

Ahh Mother's Day!

I must come clean, I've been laying on the importance level of this being my "First Mother's Day ever" how should I say, umm a little thick!! Guilty as charged on this one. But hey, whats good for the goose is good for the gander right?

For Mother's Day we went out to my parent's house and spent Sunday with them. Every once in awhile my mom's birthday falls on Mother's Day; which it did this year so there was even more to celebrate. My mom and I had a great day, she got gift cards and candles and I got a beautiful Mother/Child necklace from my parent's. Jamie and Ajax came through like champs, they got me horseback riding lessons!!! I'm so excited, I've never gone before and had really wanted to try it.

When I was pregnant it was just one more thing that I couldn't do because I was pregnant, this list was too constricting for me and drove me nuts. It was basically the fact that I now wasn't allowed but other people were that really burned my biscuits. Not only did I have to waddle around with a big old belly but I wasn't even allowed a freakin' hot dog?! You have to be kidding me! Though I resented all the restrictions I followed each and every one of them to the T though I was like a little kid dragging my feet through the entire thing :o) I must come clean again though, I did eat hot dogs..... My doctor said that it was fine and I just didn't have the will power to resist!

Being pregnant wasn't the funniest time ever but we got an amazing little baby boy out of it. For him I am so thankful for each and everyday. His love is the best gift of all. Ajax has made me a Mom; I hope I can live up to be as good a mom as he is a perfect son. I thank Jamie for being so gentle and loving with our little man, I thank Ajax for all his smiles that light up everyone in the room, and I thank my mom for showing me how to love unconditionally in a home full of laughter and love.

I realized all this and thought "And I'm the one who gets a gift today?" I have been given so much that I am truly appreciative of all ready. I felt a little bit sheepish. Looking back I am amazed at how far Jamie and I have come together.

Then I remembered the 2007 7th inning stretch....... ouch, Yea bring on the presents for that one!!!! You guys DO owe me big :o) Thanks so much for making it such a special day, and sorry I laid the pressure on so heavy!

Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms out there!! I hope that you all had a great one!

No comments: