10/22/08

Facebook

So umm funny story. Lets start off with a statistic - The chance of accidentally hitting Reply All to an email in your life is 19%

Email conversation concentrated down,
Me: Do you have any pictures of the wedding you went to this weekend.
Buddy: Not yet but they'll probably be some on Facebook soon.
Me: What are you 19, why the heck do you have Facebook?
Buddy: Yea I know, but all my friends have one so what are you going to do.
Me: Fine I'll sign up, but I don't want anyone to know.

Later that day,
Thought: I can't believe I'm signing up for Facebook, what have I become?
Thought: Invite friends I know?? I guess I'll add the 4 or so buddies always bothering me to join.
Action: Click next, click next, page is now loading...
Thought: AHHHHHHHH Did that last screen just say it was emailing EVERYONE in my aol account to see if they want to join!!!!!!!! AHHHHH it automatically assumes YES are you kidding me!
Action: Close window while still loading
Thought: Maybe, it didn't go through, I bet I caught that in time, there is no way I just accidentally emailed everyone I ever knew to join.
Thought: I think I dodged that bullet.

Later then later that day,
Me: Hey Jamie anything interesting happen today?
Jamie: Ajax this and that
Jamie: ohh and what the heck is up with " Come join me on Facebook to check out some video's"?
Me: .......
Me: ohh no, ohhhhh no
Jamie: What are you 19?
Me: I can't believe it

Next day,
Action: 25+ emails about people adding or confirming or inviting me on Facebook.
Thought: The nightmare continues. Everyone's giving me a hard time though they sign up as well.
Thought: Well if Everyone is signed up now then I should at least check my Facebook page, right
Action: Check out my page, see all the friends added read 'My Wall', post on a few others
Thought: This is getting addicting, time to call it a day

Through out the next day,
Action: checked Facebook over 10 times
Thought: Well, just in case anyone posted to My Wall. What are my buddies up to. What else can this site do.
Thought: Ohh no, there's no going back, I'm hooked. I love it and can't seem to get enough.
Thought: Maybe just maybe its not just for 19 year olds...

So I would just like to apologize to every single contact in my aol account, especially all my work contacts, that I'm really sorry that I mass spammed some of my favorite peeps. And for those many people who joined cause I emailed them, I'll see you in Facebook world; come on in, the water is fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been on facebook for years! And I'm older than you! :) I personally find it's a better way to show off pics, when I bother to upload them.

Anonymous said...

Portsmouth youths beware...

Please refrain from using the word "peeps". You went to UMass Lowell...you are not from Lowell