2/1/08

Almost the Weekend; Almost SuperBowl

Can't wait for the weekend over here. I'm excited for SuperBowl as well, not so much for the football that goes with it but for the food and getting together with family. Should be good times.

I checked out a few charities that have a click here once a day to help support and I put up the link in the top left corner of the blog. I checked all of them out on www.snopes.com and they are all honest and official websites that help people and animals out. So check them out and if you can click on them once a day.

I joined a book club and we are trying to figure out what book we should start with. They've been throwing around the idea of The Senator's Wife, I haven't heard of it but I like to read anything so I was up for it. It's not official yet so if anyone out there has any suggestions on what would be a good book club book please let me know, I'd love to hear it.

In response to Jen's question on where we came up with the name Ajax:
We had looked all through the baby name book and came up with a long list of ones we liked. The baby name books didn't help that much though, the names we liked they didn't even bother printing. Picking a name turned out to be much harder then I ever thought that it would be. Jamie liked Greek names, I liked unique names, and we wanted something that went well with Heos. We were willing to go away from the norm because honestly this kid is going to be a house when he's older, there really wasn't any worry about other kids picking on him over it.
The list was about 20 names long and we had a heck of a time picking our top 5 and then from there a hard time picking just one. We like that it's strong and a short name, easy to spell and is Greek.
I didn't want to officially pick a name until we saw the baby so we had 3 lined up, though by we I mean me, Jamie had just Ajax and was sold on it for a few weeks before he came. Jamie and I both really like it, I hope he does too when he gets older. If not he can go by AJ or even Joseph or some form of that. He's got the perfect name if he becomes a professional sports player though :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG!! I totally have books to read for book clubs! When I rule the world, all book clubs will start with Pillars of the Earth or World Without End, both by Ken Follett. I can't even tell you how many times I've read Pillars of the Earth (World Without End just came out a few months ago).