10/30/06

Hangman

The rain and wind this weekend was intense. Saturday morning I spent outside getting soaked to the bone, not because I had too but because I love being outside when it's raining and the weather is so overpowering. I found stuff to do while out there but honestly nothing that couldn't have waited. I loved every minute of it!

Saturday afternoon during the height of the storm Jamie and I decided to go out to Home Depot and a few other close stores to get out. Well we got out alright! We checked the house before walking out to make sure all the windows and doors were locked and properly secured. We then promptly locked the door behind us and found out we left the keys inside! Yup, locked out in the pouring rain and wind that could knock you over. We made a good time of what could have easily gone very sour. We talked and played hangman, Jamie's idea. There is no one else that I would want to be locked out of a house with in torrential rains then him, well maybe a locksmith but I digress.

Jamie's first hangman game, 4 letters.

__ __ __ __
humm, I guess E, T, R, A, K not too much to go on but getting something.

K E __ __
This had me stumped for awhile, guessing away and thinking that I don't know a single word that starts with KE, what the heck could it be. I then guess the letter S

K E __ S

I stare for a second before I start laughing, Jamie starts laughing too when he realizes that I got it.

My final guess: Y

This is why I love Jamie. Stuck in a car in pouring rain with a tree that is threatening to fall on us, locked out of our house, we are both soaked, nothing to do Jamie comes up with hangman and starts the game off with KEYS.

My dad finally made it out and unlocked our door. We both weren't up for going out anymore after that so we just hung out with my dad and cooked some dinner. We did make it out on Sunday, but I had a lot of fun stuck in my car playing Jamie in hangman.

No comments: