11/1/06

Trick or Treat

Halloween was a success. We kids all different ages come trick or treating this year. It seemed that me and Jamie were more excited then the kids. We would sit by the window and peek out when we heard people going by; the candy bowl was stocked and ready at the door but the groups would skip over our house sometimes. All the kids that came though were dressed up, even the older kids who travel in packs. It was fun to see the costumes and we met a few new neighbors which was nice.

Near the end of the night there was a gaggle of teenagers that came by at once, honestly must have been 25 kids. It was fun seeing all the outfits, my favorite was Raphael from the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles. We ended up with just a little candy left which worked out good, I'm glad I had gotten the two large bags from BJ's to be on the safe side.

I remember canvassing the neighborhood as a kid and how much fun it was. I remember the stress of deciding on a costume. You'd stay up at night thinking of what you could be and all the super cool outfits that you would love to do. One of the guys at work was telling me how his son dressed up as the Grinch and they dressed the dog up in reindeer antlers to go along. They had done a dry run of the costume the night before to make sure that everything was just right. It brought back good memories of my own dress rehearsals.

Jamie carved his pumpkin last night. He had been talking about carving it for awhile now, about how he wanted a Chinese Jack-O-Lantern that had Chinese letters on it. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff! It came out really good, and it was fun to see all lite up at night. Overall it was a fun Halloween, I hope that all of yours was just as great!

No comments: