12/12/06

Another Good One!

Another good weekend to report. Friday night we watched Jamie's Netflix movie, "Crimes and Misdemeanors" it's a Woody Allen flick about a guy who kills his mistress. Jamie enjoyed it, I thought it was ok but I enjoyed hanging out with him all the same. Saturday we drove up to the North Shore because I was having a Partylite show at my friend's Alicia's house. It was a great time, lots of food and fun people. Afterwards I joined Jamie back at his parent's house and we had dinner with them. It was a good trip, it was nice to finally see Alicia again. She's all engaged and planning her big day!

Sunday morning Jamie went golfing with Greg. *gasp* :o) I stayed home and later in the day joined my mom and her 2 close girl friends and we all went to see the mansions decorated up for the holidays. First we went to The Elms, it was nice and they had a headset that you walk around with and it tells you all sorts of stuff about the place. I loved the linen closets! We then went to the famous Breakers and toured there as well. It was super beautiful! They had done amazing things for decorating for the holidays. There was a giant, probably 2 story "tree" of real pointsettes! It was awesome. They had each room decorated nicely and the mansion itself was so impressive. I can't wait to go back there some time and see it all again.

Us for girls went out for dinner down on Thames Street in Newport at the Brick Alley Pub. It was terrific as it always is. It was a really fun time hanging out with them and talking and laughing. It was nice to see them all again and spend time with my mom.

That night Jamie and I watched my Netflix movie, "8 Below". It was really good and I'm not just saying that because it was a Disney movie! I'd recommend it to almost anyone. It made me cry a little. On an expedition to Antartica they had to evacuate and leave the beloved dogs behind for the winter. It was a very touching movie that's based on a true story.

Over all it was a great weekend, any weekend spend with Jamie and my mom constitutes as a good one to me!

No comments: