4/30/07

Living for the Weekend!

Wow! It's been over a month since I last posted, it seems strange to me that it's been that long. Time has a way of getting away from me lately, might be because all my free time I choose to sleep.

This past weekend was terrific, we got lots accomplished around the house and hang out with family, plus the weather ended up being much nicer then they had predicted. On Saturday Jamie and I worked around the house. Jamie started the trench for the drainage system he has in mind for the front of the house. It was a huge project but is coming along nicely. We also ordered the new carpet for downstairs! I'm very excited about it, to be getting it done. We are having my brother's graduation at our house in June and they were able to get it in before that so it will be great to have that all finished up for the party.

Jamie's family all came down on Sunday to visit. Brendan is getting so big and is still such a happy baby. Greg and my brother Kirk also came out to visit us as well, so we ended up having a nice full house. We were able to get so much accomplished around the house. I wasn't expecting to be able to get everything done in just one weekend!

Jamie and I had taken the pool cover off this past week and it needed lots of TLC. We had no idea at all what to do though. The boys went out there and got the pump and filter all hooked up and running and we were able to vacuum out the pool. It took about 5 back washes of the filter and we still aren't finished yet! It's looking much better though, and I can't wait to be able to get it all working good and clean and then to take our first swim!

Greg and Jamie ripped out all the carpet downstairs by themselves!! It was a huge job and I honestly have no idea how they were able to do it all at once and so quickly. It looks great down there now, and we are moving right along.

It was incredible how much we were able to get done around the house. Plus it was really great to see everyone, it's been along time since we've had company over and it was fun hanging out and joking with everyone. The weather worked out terrific as well, I was expecting rain all weekend but both days were nice and sunny. It's finally starting to seem more like summer is right around the corner, and I can't wait!!

No comments: