5/31/07

The Paper Anniversary

Jamie and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary, May 20th. It turned out to be a great day for both of us. We've been working real hard around the house now everyday and we decided to take the day off for our anniversary, which was very welcomed! It was a quiet day of hanging around the house and not needing to check things off the TO DO list. The funny part of not working towards a TO DO list is that you end up getting a lot of things done. We decided to go out to breakfast at one of our favorite spots in Newport, a small place called Annie's. The food is incredible and was worth the drive to Newport center. It was also nice to get out of the house so early and see what was going. Afterwards we went down to the beach and watched the water and surfers. There was a potential storm coming in and everyone was hoping for some big waves to happen including us. It was so nice to sit and relax, listen to the waves and smell the salty air.

For dinner Jamie took me to the Atlantic Beach Club restaurant, it was amazing! I had never been there and it was very impressive, it was a perfect choice! The restaurant is located right on the beach so we could see the waves coming in and the down pours that went through. The food was so delicious that I ended up eating it very slowly to enjoy every bite. I got the baked lobster topped with breadcrumbs and Jamie got the yellow fin tuna steak. Both were full of flavor and cooked to perfection. It was a perfect 1 year anniversary dinner. If you're ever down in Newport I would highly recommend a stop to the Atlantic Beach Club!

It is amazing to think that it's already been a year since we were married on top a bridge in Plymouth. I feel like I've been with Jamie for as long as I can remember but that the wedding was just recent. Kind of a contradiction but I can't remember life with out his spark in it and at the same time I still feel like a newlywed every day. When I wake up and see him I can't help but smile.

We've been able to accomplish so much in this year. Maybe when you are busy it feels like time goes by quicker on you. I'm so happy that we were able to buy a house, it was something that we both were working very hard towards for a long time and it's terrific now that it has happened and is working out great. I remember thinking that it would never happen, how does anyone ever afford it! We've done a great deal of work around the house as well, it looks terrific now and feels like home to us. There have been many other smaller things happen along the year too that we've had a great time enjoying. Another great one, we have a little bundle of joy on the way too! It's been a great year, so many of my life long dreams have come true this past year that I honestly could not be happier.

It's great looking back on this wonderful year we've had and it's exciting to look forward at all that the future holds for us.

No comments: