9/26/07

September ' 07

Time keeps sliding by pretty fast for me! My 28th birthday was great, I had a hankering for lobster and Jamie delivered! With a 4.5 pounder, it was huge and extra tasty. We picked him out ourselves down at Aquidneck Lobster on the wharf in Newport. Half the fun is the experience of going there, it's amazing to see all the different seafood they have set up. We cooked him up and enjoyed every minute of it. I was so stuffed afterwards, I've never felt this stuffed before off of lobster, it was great!

The baby shower was on the 16th and was a hit. It was great having everyone over to see the house and to catch up with people. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and be relaxed. The food was delicious and my mom and Cheryll had the house decorated up perfectly. I couldn't believe how many presents there was when I first went downstairs! Everyone was so generous, it was a mountain of gift bags and tissue. I had a wonderful time and am so thankful for all that my mom and Jeanne have done for us. I'm also so blessed to have such great family and friends!

Since the shower I made up special Thank you notes for everyone. I did a scrapbook/stamping style card and each was different. It was fun to make them up and to customize them for each person. I must be nesting!! :o)

I'm feeling really good about everything that I had wanted to get done before the baby comes. Thank you notes are in the mail, all baby cloths are washed and put away, crib is all put together and has bedding on it, the changing table is all stocked up and ready to go. I made up a list for the hospital bag and Jamie and I have started packing that as well. Last night my mom and I put up the curtain in the baby's room that Joanne had made. It looks great! It's nice feeling like things are all set and that I don't need to be worrying about some big detail or project.

Over all we're looking ready for our little guy. My mom has been a huge help, I don't know what I'd do without her. Last night she also cleaned up some of the baby things for me. I just didn't have it in me and she did such a great job of it.

Greg came over last night as well to play with Jamie on the softball team. Jamie and Greg cooked up a great meal for the 4 of us and we all hung out talking until they needed to head out. I loved having them over, it's fun to catch up on the latest adventures. Greg just came back from Finland and sounds like he had an amazing time.

It's been a great September, I can't believe that it's almost over!

No comments: