9/17/08

Ajax learned the word No

Yesterday we went out as a family to Fieldstone's for dinner. The food is terrific and it has a comfortable atmosphere. Ajax was a ham and smiled and flirted with all the ladies there, they couldn't get enough of him. He's really good at reeling them in with the half smile and making them work for a full one! I think we are going to have a pretty hard time when our little man gets to be a teenager. I can't even picture what Ajax will look like when he's a teen, its amazing just to think about it!

As I was getting ready to go out Ajax was hanging out with me in our bedroom. There was a cord for the fan on the ground and he went over to pull/bite it. He was sitting on the floor and his hand is on it and I said " Ajax, No" not yelling just in a not playing around tone. He scoots around to face me, looks up at me, takes a deep breath, waits a beat and then starts BAWLING his eyes out. The word No had caused him to cry! He cried hard too, like he had hurt himself and if I didn't see the whole thing unfold I would have though he had. I stood there and watch him to see if this was one of his cry for 5 seconds then stop ones. It wasn't. Jamie came in to see what was going on and asked what happened. "I said No to him"

I picked him up and he had a tiny tear on the side of his face. He stopped crying and snuggled in. It was pretty darn cute. I can't believe my little man understands the word No. I wonder which other words he understands that we say?

My parents have said that its still amazing to them that their baby has a baby of her own. It seems impossible that my little Ajax will some day be a husband, a father, even a grand-father. The little baby I brought home on Halloween will be turning 1 soon, he understands words that we say, he laughs at our smiles, and he is comforted by our hugs. I'm scared that he will be riding a bike and going to the prom in another blink of the eye.

No comments: