9/24/08

Summer Mourning / Fall Afternoon

The last day of Summer has passed by and I'm a little down about it. Summer had treated us so good and we enjoyed its great weather this year as well as the time at the beach. Maybe I'm being a little childish about it all but I wanted more... more beach time, more sunshine weekends, more walks in the neighborhood with friends and more laughs in the pool with my son.

Part of the secret to a happy life is to be appreciative of what you have. I have some great memories with family and friends and they were the key to the Summer joy. Thanks everyone for making this Summer a fun one!!

Every turn of a season I seem to have this strange split of emotions. Longing for the one that has passed and anticipation for the approaching one. I feel guilty for my excitement for the start of Fall, as though I've abandoned Summer already. I will miss you Summer, see you next year!

I started getting my decorations in order for Fall, though I haven't put them out yet. I'm going all out this year! It's going to be a Fall extravaganza! Apple picking, watching the leaves change, Thanksgiving, wind storms that drop leaves everywhere, cool mornings, pumpkins, apple cider, crazy looking gourds ... I really could go on and on but I think you get the idea. I'm ready to enjoy this Fall, please don't tell Summer! :0)

No comments: