11/14/06

4 - 1

I had a great time up in Maine! Jamie and I drove up Thursday to Colleen & Rich's house and stayed the night to try and break up the trip and see the new mom. Looking good!! She has just about the cutest belly I have ever seen on a woman. It was nice to be able to hang out with them, it seems like it's been awhile since we've seen them.

Friday afternoon we set out for Bangor, the weather was amazing out. It was nice and sunny and perfect driving weather. Jamie and I stopped at the visitor's center just outside Bangor to pick up some pamphlets and maps. A very sweet looking old lady who worked there helped us out and showed us our trip on a map, she asked what we were planning on doing in Bangor. We told her that we were visiting a friend and seeing the UMass Lowell vs. UMaine hockey game. She gave us a sweet smile and said, "That should be fun, too bad your teams going to lose".

Grandma's talking trash!! I wasn't ready at all for this and just gave her a look of disbelief. Maine 1, Sondra 0.

We made great time up to our friend Matt's house and got to hang out before the game at 7 pm. Matt's 6 year old son Devon was a riot! He is super smart and has a great dry humor just like his dad. We hung out and played soccer, I tried hard to make Devon a Riverhawks fan before the game. We had dinner in time for the group of us to make it to the game on time, I love watching them warm up.

Walking into the arena, I definitely stood out. I was happy to finally be wearing my UML Hockey Jersey even in a sea of UMaine jerseys. I got some stares...

Our seats were partially obstructed, apparently Maine didn't consider the fans when designing the arena. We could only see the bottom of the net on the left hand side. I was very excited to be there, it's been a long time since I've been to a hockey game. We got there in time to see the warm up!

A few minutes after we sat down a group of die hard UML fans sat in front of us! It was great, I wasn't alone! Maine 1, Sondra 1.

The game was very exciting. Lots of action and talents guys working hard. We all had a great time watching. Devon was cheering, "Go UML, Go Blackbears!" It was so funny, he'd cheer when either team scored a goal. The final score was UMaine 4, UML 1, Maine kicked our butts but we played a good game. Maine 2, Sondra 1.

The next morning we went out for breakfast at a local diner. We all had a fun time talking, laughing and enjoying a big breakfast. Walking back through the restaurant there was a couple of elderly ladies sitting together having breakfast. One noticed my UML sweatshirt and said to the other while looking at me, "Did you see how well we did in the hockey game last night, we really kicked their butts". I'm not kidding! What is up with the old ladies in Maine? Why are they all taunting me? Sigh, Maine 3, Sondra 1.

Jamie and I had a great time visiting Matt and his family and seeing the hockey game. It was so nice to do something different and fun for the weekend. I loved the game even though we didn't win. Leaving Matt's wife says something to me that I didn't quite catch and I ask her what she said. She said, "It was great to see you guys, thanks for coming up, sorry your team Lost!" Ohh man, I walked into that one...

Maine 4, Sondra 1.

No comments: