11/7/06

PartyLite

This past weekend Jamie and I worked down the basement trying to get it cleaned up a little. Jamie also continued to work in the attic, it's coming along great but sure is tough work. We both had a good weekend, I had a tough time getting up for Monday once it rolled around.

Last night I went to my first Unit Meeting for Partylite, I've signed up to be a consultant with them. Partylite sells the best candles and candle accessories that you'll ever find and I'm excited to be starting with them. I'm working hard to try and get off to a good start and really make it worth it. So far I have 2 shows set up and trying to set up another for neighbors at my house but I think I've been kind of shy about it because I don't know my neighbors too well and so I've been kind of putting it off.

I really think that I'm going to do good at selling Partylite candles. I've used and loved them for many years now because my brother Dax has worked there for a long time and gets us all sorts of stuff. I also have been good at sales in the past and have a good level of confidence to be able to talk to a group of people. Hopefully it goes well for me.

I've found that the conferences and meetings that I have been attending for work related to being a leader at work will also be useful for my new line of work as well. How to lead, be confident, speak to groups, dress properly, listening skills, knowing my own strengths and weaknesses; all these things will help me out when I'm up there and interacting with everyone.

I'm excited about it, let me know if anyone you know is interested in hosting a Partylite show! The hostess gets credit towards free merchandise!!

No comments: