11/9/06

Go Riverhawks!!

Tonight Jamie and I are starting out on the first leg of our journey to Maine to see the UMass Lowell vs. UMaine hockey game. We'll go up and stay at our friend's Colleen and Rich's place tonight and then tomorrow morning continue up. Google said it would be 6 hours up there, yuck, but it should go by fine because we are breaking it up and have all day Friday to make it up.

I've always been a big UMass Lowell hockey fan. I loved going to their games when I was in college. The excitement in the air, the smell of all the food and ice, the cool entrance of the players, seeing the guys get slammed up against the glass. I love these things! I have a luck red shirt that I wear under my hockey jersey that my parents got me for Christmas. I can't wait to put it back into commission again!

Saturday and Sunday we are going to Bar Harbor, which I feel was named that just to exaggerate the New England accent. I truly can't say it correctly even when I'm trying!

Baah Hahba

When Jamie and I had been living in South Carolina for a couple of months I distinctly remember talking to my mom on the phone. I thought she was joking around and super exaggerating the New England accent for me, I told her to cut it out. She had no idea what I was talking about! She was just talking like she always did, not joking at all. This was a distinct moment for me because my mom always had felt like Home, she was my measuring stick of Normal and now I had changed from that. I think that everyone needs to travel and meet and learn about people from a different area then they are used to, you are able to learn so much about others and yourself.

Maybe I'll learn something new about myself on my trip to Maine. Even though I've lived in Mass. my whole life I think that I've been to Maine twice. I'm excited to check out the UMaine arena and taunt the fans. I'm also excited to see Bar Harbor and check out all the local shops and people. I'll let you know how the trip went when I get back. Have a good weekend!

No comments: