9/1/06

Birthday Trio

September!?!! Holy cow the summer went by fast.

Jamie and I drove up to the hospital last night and visited baby Brendan, Jon and Erin. They all look great and happy. Brendan seems like such a great baby, he didn't cry the whole time we were there and though he didn't like it he was fine with getting a million pictures taken. He loves to play with his hands and touch his face and just move them around in general. Everyone was excited to see him and hold him and he didn't mind at all, he just kept on napping and waving.

It was a day of birthdays with Brendan coming in as the third to have his birthday on August 31. Erin's mom and Uncle both share the same birthday as well! They'll be the birthday trio from now on!

Mine's right around the corner as well, Sept. 3, I'll be turning 27. I really don't know where the time has gone, I can't believe I'll be 27! It's always works out nice having my birthday fall around Labor Day because I usually get an extra day off to enjoy it.

I love to hear stories of when I was born. I think that everyone must love their own story as well. I was born on Labor Day, for longer then I should I believe I was the reason it was so named. Living right off Cape on Labor Day means traffic, lots and lots of traffic, and so was the case when I came into this world. My mom tells me that my dad drove them to the hospital in their purple Gremlin, yes a Gremlin. Traffic was bumper to bumper and crawling at best, my dad sat rigid in the driver's seat with a white knuckle grip on the wheel the entire ride. I can picture him doing this quite easily, it must have been such a relief once they got there. They got to the hospital fine after all that and I was born at 1:01 in the afternoon.

I love to hear stories about when I was born, the one above and how my grandmother forced her way into the delivery room to see me. It's amazing to think that I will be the one telling Brendan about the day he was born. Jamie and I took a picture of a rainbow we saw on the ride up to see him, it was special and something that I will always remember. I hope that the picture comes out good so that I can show him when I tell him about his birthday in the future.

No comments: