9/5/06

Where 22-27 Went

Labor day weekend - the last hurrah of summertime. We had a good time, we continued working on the house and it's really coming along nicely.

Both Jamie and my parents came and visited us this weekend. It was terrific to see them all. It was Jean and John's first visit on Saturday and they seemed to really love our place. We explored the neighborhood and went out for lunch. My parents helped out around the house painting and installing a new stove hood on Sunday.

Sunday was my 27th birthday. I can't believe how quick this year has gone and how much has happened. While I was 26 Jamie and I moved into our apartment in Rhode Island, got married, bought our first house, moved out of said apartment and welcomed our new nephew into the world all with in the span of 1 year! These were the big events, there was also many weekend adventures that took place as well in there.

Time is moving fast. September has never come so quick for me, it really feels like Christmas wasn't that far ago. 27 has come amazingly quick as well. While I was holding baby Brendan at the hospital I was thinking about how time has so simply gone by. I find myself wondering what happened to 22-27 they seemed to have slipped by quietly. What happened in between college and now?

The night of my last final for my last class in college I met Jamie, I sure remember that amazing moment! I took a summer looking for a job with no luck. I decided to take Jamie up on his offer and moved to Hilton Head, South Carolina and we lived there for 3 months. It's strange that these three months created so many memories when the following years created so few, it was an amazing time and place for us. I worked at Kigre and loved it but we decided to head back to New England for family and the job potential. Spent another few months looking for a job once we arrived. I moved in with Jamie's family and started working at ITT Industries in Gloucester, Mass. I enjoyed the job and people so Jamie and I got a house along Walker Creek in Gloucester, some great memories there as well.

After a year there Raytheon finally got around to calling me back to see if I was still interested in a job that I applied to over a year and half before, I figured I'd see what they had to say though I wasn't looking to change jobs at the time. They came with an offer when things were getting shaky at my current job and Jamie and I decided to go for it. We moved to an apartment in Andover, well technically Lawrence but we called it Andover, and I started my new job at Raytheon. Things were going ok but the commute was terrible for Jamie and I felt that something was missing and it took a while to figure out what, I was missing the ocean.

So we uprooted again and I transferred to their Portsmouth RI facility and we both lived at home. This was a tough time, too many things felt up in the air. Christmas Eve Jamie proposed to me on the swing in his parent's back yard, it was so special and I cried and cried. When Jamie found a job on the island we moved into our apartment above the Beach House. It felt so good to be living back together again. In May we married on the bridge in Brewster Gardens.

From here I've already covered it above in my synopsis of my 26th year, so I guess I do know where 22-27 went, it just seemed to have passed so easily. These moments we've shared I'll always treasure, it feels good to go back and remember them.

No comments: