7/10/06

The Eleventh Hour


Last night I watched the Movie Walk the Line about Johnny Cash. Terrific movie that I would recommend. Jamie started watching the movie with me but ended up falling asleep about 30 minutes into it, he still had his sunglasses on his forehead. I always find it interesting how a strong handsome man goes to cutest thing ever when asleep. The movie shows the deep love between Johnny and June that overcame so much.

When the movie finished I woke Jamie up, at least half way, and we got ready for bed. Laying there in the semi-dark with Jamie sleeping heavily my mind can't slow down. I was thinking about the movie, about us getting a house together, about the future, about Jamie having to go to his heart doctor's appointment on Tues. , about my love for him. These late night thoughts with myself are common and always end with me thinking about Jamie and how much he means to me.

He is always thinking of me and ways to make me smile. He is always happy to see me, he runs up the stairs of our apartment after work and comes calling out to me, comes around the corner and when he sees me his eyes light up and he is smiling. No matter what my day was like I always catch his happiness and we give each other a hug as though it's been months since we have seen each other. He says that he loves me throughout the day and night, but his actions shows that he loves me even more.

He tells me when America's Funniest Home Videos is on, points out when he sees a rabbit, takes out the trash, buys me the big container of ice tea mix, leaves me little love notes, always closes the cabinets, and loves to look at pictures of me. He loves me even when we disagree, he says that he loves that I stand up for myself and am so smart. His balance between enjoying life and all it's moments and having a strong desire to accomplish so much amazes me and something that I will always admire. He has taught me so much about life and myself.

As I look at him in the evening glow I am so proud of him I smile. I wonder about what our future holds and what adventures we will go on next. He is in a deep sleep and I kiss him softly on his shoulder and whisper that I love him. My heart aches to tell him how much but I know that words won't come close, and that our moments together both past and those to come are the only things that will fully say how deep my love is. In his sleep he says that he loves me too. I start to cry, I try not to wake him but he woke up enough to give me a hug and kiss me on my forehead. He says "Ohh girl, it's alright." And it was.

At the end of the movie it said that Johnny Cash died 4 months after his wife passed away. Love is a very tight bond between all of us. I try and make moments memorable and show loved ones how special they are.

No comments: