7/31/06

Party, Party!!

It was a weekend full of events for us! Jamie and I went up Saturday to our good friend Rocking Robin's birthday party. We had a great time, good food and people always makes a party special. Though for a 'Surprise Birthday Party' she sure was dressed up :o) She got the info. out of me, I leak like a sieve, always have. Personal secrets I can take to the grave but fun exciting ones seem to find their way out of me quite easily.

On Sunday I went to my sister-in-laws baby shower. This was supposed to be a 'Surprise' as well. She sure was dressed up too though and she brought a gift for each mother :o) Her mother had gone to great lengths to keep it a surprise. The day before she hide all the food for the party in the trunk of her car while they visited and she set the party up at a friend's house so that she didn't see any of the prep work. This seems to be an on going game between mother and daughter; planning a surprise party and finding out about it.

Planning a surprise party for someone else always seems like a fun thing to try and do. In the same sense it's always a fun thing to try and play detective and figure out the surprise early and know what's going on. Part of making memories are the surprises in life and enjoying them as they come.

It's hard but it's always better to wait for the surprise. Around Christmas time everyone has the itch to try and find out what they are getting no matter what the age. By sneaking and finding out what you got before hand takes the magic and excitement out of when you do get to open it. Part of the fun of life is the anticipation of what it could be!! I love guessing what could that big present be?! Though I hate knowing I guessed correctly.

Life is made up of moments and you should never take away special ones from yourself, the anticipation moments are just as good and make the finally able to open the present moment better.

No comments: