8/3/06

How Time Flys is in the Way You Measure It

In the summer time when you are young there is chance to do something everyday, it's great and amazing. You would wake up and go humm maybe I'll play on the swing set or go down and swim or possibly jump through the sprinkler in the front yard. There is an entire day that needs filling with Things To Do.

In the summer time as an adult you only have weekends to fill with Things To Do. I've noticed that no matter how you try every weekend in August is always planned out for you well in advance. These things are usually fun things like visiting friends and family or them visiting you, weddings, and weekend trips. Even though I look forward to all of them I miss waking up and deciding what will I'll Do today. My entire month of August is already planned out for me and it's only the 3rd day into it!

Adult summer times pass so much quicker then kid summer times because adults count the summer by weekends while kids count it by the day. If I have 4 weekends planned then I'm set for a month but a kid has things planned for 4 days and they still have some of that week left. The time is the same it's just how you measure it that changes.

I try and make memorable moments in an attempt to keep a small part of kid time in me. It gets tough though when you wake up and go to work, come home, clean up some dishes, cook dinner, and then get lunch ready for the next day of work right before it's time to go to sleep early for work, again. Jamie and I have been trying to do things after work but since signing up for the house it seems to be taking up most of our time, hopefully we'll get back to going to the beach after work, those are always great moments!

No comments: