8/29/06

Our First Weekend in our New House!!

It was a busy but great weekend! Jamie and I signed the papers at the attorney's office and got the keys!

I went back to the house and started washing down the walls with T.S.P., there was so much dirt that came up that I'm really glad that I put in the time to do it. I also found that the power got shut off! Jamie called the electric company and they said that they can't come back out till Monday to turn it back on. So we could only work during daylight this past weekend but it ended up working out fine.

My mom and Kirk came and visited us after their work on Friday. They had packed some of my stuff up from the house and brought it along with some cleaning supplies. They were both very excited to see our "New House".

My dad came out and helped on Saturday. Jamie and I were at it early in the morning, cleaning and carrying boxes in. We got a good amount done, walls cleaned and got the joint compound on and sanded. We went on the first trip to Home Depot, got new switch and outlet covers and new outlets so it will look all clean and new. I can't wait to get them installed.

So the walls were are prep-ed for painting when my mom came and visited again on Sunday. We bought the paint and started in on the master bedroom and small bedroom. Primed the walls and painted the ceiling in the small room and got to put color on the walls in the master bedroom! Whoo hooo!!

It's always exciting when all your hard work in prep-ing finally pays off. I attached a picture above of the color we went with, Gourmet Mushroom from Sherwin Williams. It came out terrific and looks great against the bright white of the trim that we painted as well.

Jamie worked hard in the kitchen all day, he got the cabinets washed and lined. It was a huge job because there are so many cabinets and they are all extra tall. They came out looking terrific as well!

Today my mom is coming out again and will be putting up the color in the small bedroom. We are doing a light sage green in there. I had gotten the ceiling and trim all painted up last night so that we were ready to go for today.

I can't wait to have everyone over to check out our new house! We'll need to get the rest of our stuff moved in and settled though but please consider yourself invited :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh,